Let's do this August!
My work-life balance is more out of whack than normal and my energy levels have been “challenging” to say the least. (Side note: “challenging” is my nice word for sh*&.) Put nicely, August has been “challenging” month for many people, myself included. Let’s just blame the funkiness on Mercury going retrograde and the two eclipses.
During “challenging” pockets I have to be super intentional about finding things that move joy and usher in flow to my life. So without further ado, here are a few things that have me saying “O-Yesss” to joy this month. Enjoy.
Krill Oil Supplement
Omega-3 fatty acids are miracle-workers that our bodies use to protect, beautify and purify. That’s one reason we use a high concentration of Omegas 3‘s in our Illuminating Face Serum. An abundance of research over the last decade has proven that Omega-3 fats are cornerstones to health and well-being.
Lately, I’ve been taking 1000mg of kill oil daily over my standard fish oil supplement. It has been a game changer for me. Here’s why:
- Absorption: Due to its makeup, the Omega-3’s in krill oil absorb into our bodies much better than the standard fish oil. There’s no funky aftertaste either.
- Purity: Krill are tiny creatures that only feed on phytoplankton which do not contain mercury. Less mercury equals less toxins in your body. Less toxins means a happier, less stressed body.
- PMS Reduction: Since taking 1000mg of krill oil daily, I have noticed a dramatic reduction in my PMS. That’s GREAT news for everyone in my inner circle. Science has not yet proven why Omega-3’s help reduce symptoms of depression and PMS, though it’s theorized that its properties help regulate and balance hormones.
My Lola Organic Tampons
Did you know that the average women uses over 16,000 tampons in her lifetime? Did you know that standard tampons are treated with plasticizing chemicals, chlorine bleach, PETS, PEGS and many other ugly chemicals that are linked to even uglier health concerns?
I admit that I never thought twice about the toxins that I was putting inside of my body every month. Until now.
Enter in (no pun intended) My Lola Organic Tampons. Like my Orenda Skin Care products, they contain no toxins, no dyes or synthetic ingredients.
Added bonus? Lola Tampons are delivered right to your door every month so no more last-minute trips to the drugstore when your period starts.
It’s the small changes that cumulatively have the most positive effects on our health and well-being. This is a small and easy change that your body will thank you for. Get started here. Use code JDELO1 to get $5 off your first order.
The Five Minute Journal
I believe happiness is a skill that needs to be developed. Some people are born with more talent for happeiness, while other people need to learn and develop the skill. I fall somewhere in the middle of that spectrum but have been committed to developing my happiness skill for quite some time now.
The Five Minute Journal promises a happier you in 5 minutes a day by using the science of positive psychology to improve happiness. It helps to focus your attention on the good in your life and improves your mental well-being.
The format is pretty simple. In the morning you write 3 things you’re grateful for, 3 things that would make the day great and a daily “I Am” affirmation. You end the day with 3 amazing things that happened and how the day could've gone better.
Quick. Easy. Uplifting.
The 5 Minute Journal has been a quick and easy tool I've used to develop my happy habit. I use it as part of my morning routine which looks something like this:
- Reading: 10-15 minutes of reading something uplifting and inspirational. Currently, I’m loving Serena Dyer’s book, Don’t Die with Your Music Still In You. You can purchase the book here.
- Meditation: 10 minutes spent doing a combination of breathing, prayer and gratitude meditation.
- The 5 Minute Journal: By this part of my morning routine, I’m primed and prepped for this exercise. It usually takes less than 3 minutes.
- Guidance: I finish by pulling a guidance card from one of my angel decks.
Since being consistent with my morning routine, most mornings I’m ready to kick ass, be happy and conquer the day with beauty and kindness. The Five Minute Journal has been a big part of that. Get yours here.
Life can turn heavy or overwhelming really quick. Those "challenging" times will often be a part of our lives. Whether it’s the moon, Mercury Retrograde or a season we’re going through, we have to find ways to consistently increase our health, happiness and vitality.
It’s part of our journey here to learn how to balance, develop and discover things that bring our lives more beauty, more well-being and more joy. Less shit. More joy.
Sharing is caring. I want to know, have you tried any of these things? And, what are you vibing over right now?